Activation for Roku: Steps to Follow
Create a Roku Account
Get a Roku Link Code
Access Roku.com link
Prerequisites for the Activation for Roku
There are various requirements to consider during activation for Roku. These prerequisites include:
- A high-speed, reliable Internet connection.
- Compatible Streaming device – A Television with HDMI port.
- And of-course the Roku streaming gadget and its peripherals depending upon your TV set and the gadget’s version.
Setup Instructions for Your Roku Device
- Start with the Roku remote. The Roku remote comes along with a couple of batteries. Open the back cover of the remote and put the batteries into it. Close the back cover.
- Thereafter, turn on your Roku TV by attaching it to a power outlet. And you will see the power light indicator glowing under the TV screen.
- Hold the Roku remote in front of the gadget and press the power button.
- A startup screen will appear. Press the star button four times to use the audio-guide mode. The Roku Help Audio-guide is only available in the English language.
- Once the Roku is powered up, you need to select the preferred language from the list that appears on your screen. Press okay button after the selection.
- After choosing the language, you need to select the country and the country code. Press the Next button after the selection.
- Thereafter, choose the home use mode and select the wireless network to which you wish to connect your device. Enter the password for the chosen network and click on the connect option.
Wait for the device to update the latest firmware and then you can start with the above-mentioned Roku Link activation steps.
Roku Help: Roku Error Codes While Connecting to WiFi network
When you connect the Roku streaming device to WiFi, there are possibilities that you get different Roku error codes. These codes help you recognize the root cause of issue. If there are any problems with the wireless connection, error codes such as 009, 012, 013, 014, 016, 017, 018, 014.20, 014.30, 014.40, 014.41 or 014.50 appear on the screen. In order to provide you Roku help, we have come up with easy and quick steps. Let’s have a look at them:
- If error code 009 occurs, make sure that you are accessing high-speed internet connection.
- Error code 012 is related to Ethernet connections. So, try replacing Ethernet cable with a new one.
- In case of error code 013, verify that the router is working properly.
- Select the correct wireless network name to fix error code 014.
- When you get error code 014.20/ 014.30/ 014.50, restart both the router and Roku TV.
- Error code 014.40 or 014.41 indicates that you have entered the wrong wireless password.
- Set up a new WiFi connection if error code 016 accompanies you.
- Troubleshoot error code 017 by putting your router to a clean and interference-free place.
Helpful Troubleshooting Tips for Most Common Roku Error Codes
The most common Error Code 001
Users encounter this error at the time of Roku Activation using Roku.com link. This error can be resolved from the Roku home screen. Just go to home screen and use the fast forward tab. Click on the rewind button afterward.
Second is the Error 003
The Roku error 003 appears when the Roku gadget that you wish to activate, has the outdated software. Hence, to get rid of this error you have to update the firmware of your device to the latest version.
Roku Error 014
Roku Code 014 is related with the internet connectivity. In other words, your device is unable to connect to the Internet. This issue is fixed by checking the Internet connection in the Network section under the settings. Ensure that your device is connected with the correct network. For a better connection, place the streaming device nearby to the router.
Roku Error 009
As said in above section, the Roku Error 009 is related to network speed and connection. This error indicates that the network connection is not active on your Roku gadget, even though it is connected with the router. Power cycling both the gadgets- Roku and the Router can overcome this error. Apart from this, wireless range extenders should be used to improve the network strength.
Roku Error 011
When a software update failure occurs, Roku Error 011 appears on the screen. Loose Ethernet cables or poor network connections are the common reasons behind this error. Check connections and then update the firmware of the Roku gadget to latest version.
If Roku error codes continue to trouble you, feel free to contact our experts at toll-free number 1-866-817-4499. With a team of highly-experienced technicians, we make sure to provide instant Roku help to all our customers worldwide.
How to find Roku USA Channels using Roku Search
With Roku device, you get full access to Roku USA channels such as Crackle, Vevo, PBS, Disney, HBO Now, HBO Go, Syfy, Hulu Plus, Vudu, A&E, Pandora, Plex, FOX, NBA and a lot more. From the latest TV shows and movies to your favorite cult classics, it is very easy to find the perfect thing you want to watch. Roku comes with a search function which allows you to easily find your favorite movies and TV shows.
Using Roku Search feature, you can search for movies by actor, director, title or voice search. All you have to do is just press the button on remote and select search option. Type in the movie name you want to search. Select the desired entry from search results to see more details. Also, you can use conversational phrases like ‘show me movies’. Roku Enhanced Remote can be used for such voice commands. To get prompt technical assistance for accessing Roku USA channels, call our experts at 1-866-817-4499.
Link your Roku Account using roku.com link
To activate Roku for streaming your favorite channels, your Roku account must be linked with it. Before getting started with the linking process, let’s share some basic knowledge about a Roku account with you. A Roku account keeps a record of streaming devices you own and the installed channels together with your preferences and settings. To manage your account without any issues, it is necessary to have a valid email address and strong password.
Common Issues with roku.com link and how to deal with them
There are several issues that users face while linking their account with the roku.com link. Here’s how to deal with each of these:
Roku.com link not working?
If roku.com link is not working for you, first and foremost check the internet connection. Place your gadget near to the router for adequate signal strength. Make sure that you have successfully performed all the previous steps.<
Getting error while entering the link code on the website?
While executing the activation process, you will be required to enter the link code displayed on your Roku device to the website roku.com/link. You can use your computer or smartphone for this.
In case you see the error message after you enter the activation code, close the site. Re-open the web page in a new tab. Now fill in the code second time and make sure you’re not doing any typing errors. Apart from the typos, there might be some other issues like temporary network or system error.
However, if that doesn’t help you, try this:
- Go to the Roku Streaming device, press the star button on the Roku remote.
- With your remote, select- “get a new code”.
- Now enter the new code on the site.
Unable to pair with your wireless network?
This error message – can’t connect to your wireless network usually appears on the screen during the setup. Also, the network or internet connection lost at the time of channel setting leads to this error message.
Use this given-below tips to get rid of this error:
- Ensure that your device is connected to the correct network. Also, make sure that you are using the correct password. If the network name or the password is incorrect, it will result in network connection error.
- Your router should be working properly. To check this, use your phone or computer and pair it to the router’s network. Then launch any website like Roku.com. If you can access the website, then your router’s network is working properly. However, if not then power-cycle your router and try again.
- Sometimes, you can connect to the internet with your phone or computer but not with Roku player. This is because of the poor signal strength. To resolve this, place the Roku gadget within the router’s range. Also, power-cycle both the gadgets- Roku and the Router.
Still facing issues during the linking process? Don’t hesitate to contact our knowledgeable and expert technicians at 1-866-817-4499.
Add channels to Roku
Troubleshooting Tips for Roku no sound error
Roku no sound error is one of the most common Roku issues faced by users across the globe. Though users can see images or video properly, they cannot hear the associated audio due to this issue. In order to resolve Roku no audio error, try the below-given troubleshooting tips:
- Try using a different HDMI cable.
- Keep the speakers free from dust.
- Check the cable connections between speakers and TV.
- Put new batteries into Roku Remote.
- Increase the level of your TV volume using Roku Remote.
- Set audio mode to stereo.
- Update your Roku TV’s audio settings.
- Use headphones if possible.
Other Roku Streaming Errors
The Roku streaming issues are related to the network connectivity bugs. The Roku streaming gadget requires at-least 3 Mbps internet speed. Apart from this, tips for connectivity errors are provided in detail in the above section.
Further, the errors that are not related to connectivity include:
Unable to play a specific video
In case the issue is related to a specific video, try playing another video from the same channel. If the issue persists with other videos as well, contact the customer support of that respective channel. There might be a service interruption or the outage from the channel’s end.
Can’t play videos from a specific Channel
Check if the issue is just with the specific channel or it is with every channel. For the specific channel that requires subscription, ensure that you have the active subscription. Also, it must be properly linked with your Roku account. Get in touch with the customer support of the channel for assistance. Roku.com Support is also there to help you out whenever needed.
Frequent Buffering or Poor video quality of the Content
Roku streaming gadget is designed to deliver the highest quality content to your TV set. Roku uses the Internet for content streaming. Hence, if you occasionally face the poor video quality, buffering or Roku no audio, it is due to the network congestion or connectivity issues.
Here are the things you can consider to resolve this issue:
Check with your Internet service provider as there might be some outage or other issues in your area.
Disconnect the unused devices from the network to reduce the network congestion. If the Roku device is connected with the cellular internet connection, there will be fluctuations in streaming quality.
The slow network is the reason for frequent low-quality video and buffering across multiple channels. Tips for improving the signal strength involve using a wireless extender or placing the Roku near to Router. Also, the internet speed of your internet package should be compatible for the Roku Streaming.
Still getting issues with Roku Streaming? Need not to worry. Simply give us a call at 1-866-817-4499 and feel free to discuss your queries with our experts.