When you watch your favorite Netflix shows and movies on Roku, you might be having the best time. However, there can be a lot of problems which can cause issues for that joy ride. Netflix not working on Roku is one of such problems. There may be various reasons behind this issue. Maybe your Netflix app has stopped working or you are experiencing issue in connecting with your streaming device. No matter what the reason, here’s the troubleshooting tips which will help you fix this issue effortlessly. Let’s dive in.
Fixed: Netflix not Working on Roku
1. Check Your Network Connection
Network issue is the most common obstacle when Netflix is not working on your Roku streaming stick. Chances are that your Roku has lost internet connection and is having a problem in reconnecting. In this scenario, it’s recommended to check the network settings on your streaming media player by following the steps outlined below:
- On the home screen of Roku, go to the settings menu.
- Click on the network option to ensure your Roku device is connected or not.
- In case it is connected, test your network connection by hitting the ‘check connection’ button.
On the off chance that your network connection is working well, check your WiFi router and make sure that it is connected. But if your network connection is not working, you can take technical Roku help from our experts at toll-free 1-866-817-4499.
2. Restart Your Roku Device
Have you tried turning your Roku device on and off again? No seriously, restarting works a lot. To restart your Roku, unplug it for some time and then plug it back in.
Now, power on your device and let it turn on properly. After that, try using Netflix to check if it works or not.
3. Check for Updates
Outdated Roku device also causes Netflix not working on Roku issue. Therefore, check whether your Roku device is up to date or not. To check for update, go through the instructions provided underneath:
- Turn on your Roku streaming device.
- On the home screen, scroll down and select settings.
- Afterward, click on the system option.
- Click on the software update button.
- At last, hit ‘check now’ option.
This will check the Roku system update and Netflix app updates. Doing so will resolve the issue. If not, move to the next troubleshooting step.
4. Sign out and Sign in With Different Netflix Account
In case your Netflix app on Roku is failed to work after sign in and showing a black screen, there might be an issue with your Netflix account. Maybe your Netflix subscription has expired. Try signing in to Netflix using a different account. Here are the steps for the same:
- After setting up Roku device using roku.com link, open the Netflix app.
- Now, click on the sign out button and choose ‘exit Netflix’ option.
- Re-launch the Netflix app.
- Sign in using another account.
This way, you can start enjoying your favorite Netflix TV shows and movies.
5. Uninstall and Re-Download the Netflix App
Another way to fix Netflix not working on Roku TV is to uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app. Of course, uninstalling the app will delete all the login information from your device. Given that it acts as a full reboot on the Netflix app, so any issue you experience may clear up. For this, you need to:
- Power on your Roku device.
- Press the Home button and go to the Main Menu.
- Click on the ‘Netflix Settings’ option.
- Thereafter, select ‘Deactivate this player from my Netflix account’ option.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. Simply, hit yes.
- Next, navigate to the main menu and choose Netflix.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall and reactivate the Netflix app.
Once done, you can now sign in to your account and start watching the Netflix movies and TV shows.
So now you know what to do when your Netflix not working on Roku. Here’s hope that any one of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips makes your Netflix work flawlessly on your streaming player. But if you still have the same annoying issue, feel free to get in touch with our experts at toll-free 1-866-817-4499 and fetch instant solutions.